Non-destructive and microanalytical techniques in art and cultural heritage. Bilbao, May 2-6, 2017.
We have the pleasure to invite all of you to the TECHNART 2017 conference that will be held in Bilbao from the 2nd until the 6th of May. The main aim of this congress is to provide a scientific forum to present and promote the use of analytical techniques in the field of cultural heritage. The conference builds on the momentum of the previous TECHNART editions of Lisbon, Athens, Berlin, Amsterdam and Catania, offering an outstanding and unique opportunity for exchanging knowledge on leading edge developments. Cultural heritage studies are interpreted in a broad sense, including pigments, stones, metals, glass, ceramics, chemometrics on artwork studies, resins, fibers, forensic applications in art, history, archaeology and conservation science.
- X-ray analysis (XRF, PIXE, XRD, SEM-EDX)
- Confocal X-ray microscopy (3D Micro-XRF, 3D Micro-PIXE)
- Synchrotron, ion beam and neutron based techniques/instrumentation
- FT-IR and Raman spectroscopy
- UV-Vis and NIR absorption/reflectance and fluorescence
- Laser-based analytical techniques (LIBS, etc)
- Magnetic resonance techniques
- Chromatography (GC, HPLC) and mass spectrometry
- Optical imaging and coherence techniques
- Mobile spectrometry and remote sensing
Oral and poster contributions are welcome on subjects within the scope of the conference. Each attending author can submit up to two contributions and only one of them can be as oral presentation. Be careful, abstract submission form is NOT the registration form. Authors are requested to submit abstracts no later than 7 January 2017. The acceptation of the contributions and its presentation (oral or poster) will be notified to the authors by February 10, 2017.
- Call for Abstracts: 30 September 2016
- Abstract submission deadline: 7 January 2017
- Notification to authors: 10 February 2017
- Early registration deadline: 28 February 2017
- Registration deadline: 31 March 2017
All text above via http://www.ehu.eus/en/web/technart2017/, accessed 20/10/16.
For further information - including abstract submission form, instructions for authors and online registration - please see http://www.ehu.eus/en/web/technart2017/
Image above - may also appear on the Heritage Portal home page and as a thumbnail image associated with this item throughout the site - is"Guggenheim museum Bilbao HDR-image" By Phillip Maiwald (Nikopol) (Own work) [GFDL (http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html) or CC BY-SA 3.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0)], via Wikimedia Commons, cropped to fit.